February 09, 2011

Yoga Progress


Since I started doing Bikram yoga in November I've lost about 10 pounds. That doesn't seem like much. However, I have noticed that my once form fitting workout pants are threatening to fall off my hips. I bought these pants back in November. My next set of workout clothes are going to have drawstrings.

On top of that my instructors have noticed I'm doing postures (the yoga 'poses') with increasing flexibility. There's nothing like bending forward far enough to have your head touch the floor and you can grab your ankles at the same time. (Or Dandayamana Bibhaktapada Paschimottanasana if you want to be technical about it.)

I'm tired of doing the weight gain/loss yoyo. Bikram yoga has helped pace my weight loss to a rate where I can keep the weight off. I now find eating greasy food or a heavy lunch before class to be gross. Nothing like an exercise that forces you to eat right as well.

(The lovely image is not me or taken by me. It is in fact the model showing off moonseats' Yoga bloomers. On my next paycheck I'm picking up a pair of those awesome pants.)

No comments:

Post a Comment