July 06, 2010

What Do I Do With a Goof?


See this piece on the right? It says 大喜び (おおよろこび pronounced 'oh-oh-yo-ro-ko-bee'). What does it mean? Delight, or glee.

Yes, glee. Like the TV show with not teenagers singing their parents' high school pop songs with some newer songs thrown in for fun.

Anyway. I made this piece to sell. I wanted to show a little bit of humor and pop culture in my otherwise super classy shop. (I'd like to think it's classy =p) I took this picture and did the biggest facepalm I've done this month.

So what's the problem? I can't sell it anymore. There are two strokes missing from the 喜 section. It's like forgetting to cross your t's and dot your i's. I feel like an idiot.

But the irrational, likely artistic, part of me can't bear to just throw this out. The little fella didn't choose to have two strokes missing. Do I give this to someone? Do I leave it somewhere to find? Any idea would totally help.

No comments:

Post a Comment