September 15, 2009

Needs more color. Ichibankan and Daiso for cheap stuff

I've been working on my first serious painting in forever and I'm not happy with it. Sure watercolors brought the soft texture I wanted but none of the color saturation. So after work today I'm gonna get get myself a starter kit of heavy body acrylics and some brushes. Maybe some gel medium too, since I want to do water themed pieces.

Also thank goodness for places like Ichiban Kan and Daiso. These two shops provide decent goods on the cheap, sort of like Target and Wal-Mart in the U.S. I've also been frequenting those stores when I want to get Japanese art supplies without the Japanese price tag. Granted neither of these stores have a deep selection of art related goods, but they got the stuff you'll need in a pinch.

No comments:

Post a Comment