March 06, 2011

Crafting at Work


No I don't do it on the clock. I'm talking about during breaks and random lunches and things like that. Sometimes I just want to keep my hands busy. I'm still trying my hand at sewing. My work still feels like beginner results, but a least I'm seeing results.

My first at work project was a rose. I actually took 3 daisy shaped fabric flowers I made and twisted them into each other to form the rose. The green base and leaf were attempts to cover up some my stitching. That didn't work out so well. I added a little pearl bead in the middle to act as the area to find pollen.

My current project is the cherry blossom. At the moment my test results look like funny shaped stars to me. Better than my initial tests which looked like fabric polygons more than flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment